Tuesday 30 August 2011

Rock N Roll Bed

I couldn't believe the difference that carpet made to my van, after driving around for ages with just ply lining in the back, it was so nice to look behind and see nice plush carpet. Anyway, back on subject, the Rock N Roll bed!

I am lucky enough to work with my boss who is also really into VW T5's too, we both were searching for ages before actually buying them and then we both got our vans within a day of each other. Over the past couple of years we have been bouncing around ideas off each other and helping each other on techniques for our builds. I was looking on day on E-bay and found a couple of rock n roll beds that weren't amazingly overpriced! They were from a chap in Scotland, I am not one to name and shame but to say it was an absolute palaver would be a massive understatement we were getting excuses like "Oh Tom I am sorry I have had pneumonia and we have been snowed in because our workshop is on top of a mountain" but my mate/boss got the best excuse in the book: "Oh I am sorry, my welders has only got one arm and I've only one leg!!!" So after that it was safe to say that we would not be buying from him again!


So after it had arrived I went round to my mates workshop and we fitted the bed and cut the boards for it. Above pictured is the view from the sliding door with my mate enjoying a well earned sit down.


Here is the view from the rear doors towards the front of the van.


Here is the carpenter/designer himself hard at work! The ply wood that is on the right of the picture is to make the surfboard storage but I will leave that for a later post.

Cheers

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment