Tuesday 7 February 2012

Rear Windows

After using the van for camping and surfing, I really wanted to have some more light in the back of the van, but they were not 1st on the list to do, that was until I saw that Kira Vans had discounted their dark smoke rear windows!!

I bought the windows and the fitting kit confident that I could fit the windows myself!

Before

Drilling the guide holes in each corner

Using a dust sheet to protect the rest of the door from sparks/spurs
Cardboard template of inner skin
1st hole cut :s
No going back now!!
Metal primer added, this is what the window bond sticks to
One window on. Repeat above steps to other door
Finished!!!
As you can see it was a pretty full on job (in my opinion) I used a jigsaw with a metal bit to do the main cutting job, metal bit drill bits to drill the holes and a sanding bit (which fits into my drill) to finish all of the edges. 

Cheers

Tom

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done! You were braver than me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Rich, got to admit it was quite scarey cutting holes into my pride and joy!!

      Delete