Sunday 14 August 2011

A New Van!!

So here she is, Scarlet The Enforcer!! These are the photos that the VW garage I bought her from sent me. I purchased her through the VW assured used scheme, I did pay a lot for her but she came with a years warranty and roadside assistance, so was a safe purchase. I didn't even view her before going to buy her! It took a long time to find the van I wanted, mainly because I wanted the 2.5 ltr engine, the main specs I wanted were:
  • 2.5 ltr diesel engine in the 130 bhp version (better engine in my opinion, as they are chain driven, so no cam belt, they have 5 cylinders so there is less stress on the engine and more economical)
  • Air Con
  • Electric Windows
  • Barn Doors
  • No older than 3 years
  • Any colour but white!


I phoned so many garages, and checked the VW website daily. One day I made a call to a VW centre in Newark and they mentioned that they had a mint condition Tornado Red T30 174bhp! Naturally I snapped at the chance of this van and put a deposit down straight away.





So to cut a long story short I travelled up on the train to pick up Scarlet and drive back home, the feeling of getting in her and then driving away with my dream vehicle was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment