Wednesday 14 September 2011

Upholstery!

Just a quick one here! So I had cut my Rock n Roll bed boards and thought the next thing to spend my hard earned cash on was some upholstery for the bed so I could start using it!

Luckily for me a good friend on mine who I used to work with had started up his own sail making and repair business, to which he also makes boat covers and upholstery for boats. I gave him a call, went for a visit to pick out the fabrics and left my bed boards with him for a week. 



I chose a 3 inch marine grade fire retardant foam, Charcoal grey marine fabric (its water repellent) with piping around the edge, a black hard wearing underside and zips for ease of washing if needed . All of this cost me £300. When picking them up I was really chuffed, he had done such a good job and had a quick turn around. You should check him out here: http://www.photographers-in-dorset.co.uk/moattsails/

No comments:

Post a Comment