Tuesday 16 August 2011

Wish List!

So what did I want to get out of my van?

I had to think long and hard about this, the van had to be used as a daily driver as I cannot afford to run another vehicle. I basically wanted a base to get changed in and out of my wetsuit, I Surf and Kitesurf at least twice a week if not more in the winter. I also wanted to camp in her a few times a year. So after much time and thought I came up with this "Wish List"


  • Get rid of factory bulkhead
  • Insulation
  • Interior carpet
  • Vinyl floor (waterproof)
  • Surfboard and Kite storage
  • Rock and Roll bed
  • Cupboard for camping equipment
  • 18" Alloys 
  • Lower the van
So now with this in mind I was ready to crack on and start with Scarlet's conversion! 

The first job was to get rid of the factory fitted bulkhead, this was a really easy and straight forward job. Next I removed all the ply lining on the walls and the floor, gave the floor a quick sweep and then started with the insultion.

My friend had some loft insulation lying about and kindly gave it to me. Once all the ply lining was out I also took out the hardboard side panels and these were easy to shove loads of insulation behind. I also added it to the above panels and ceiling by using double sided tape. I did not bother with insulating underneath the plywood floor as I dont think it would make much difference as there is not a big enough gap to trap air to make it retain heat.

Hope you like the blog so far and I will keep you updated with the next stages of my build soon.

Cheers

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment