Sunday 6 November 2011

Lights and Headlining

So I guess the next thing I did with Scarlet was to shed some light (literally!) in the rear of my van, first I purchased some of these from B&Q.

They are 12v LEDs which I wired into this. The LEDs came with their own junction box so they were really easy to wire in.  I decided that I wanted 5 in the front section and the same in the rear. So once I had spent some time drawing the plan out on a piece of paper it was time to drill the holes!!


Above is the rear section.

I had to drill 27mm holes so out came the spade bit, which i have to say was a bit brutal, so I put a piece of batten the other side to drill into and give some support.


Above is the front section.


As can be seen above this is the headlining in situ with its shiny new lighting. BUT I was not happy with it because I did not like the colour of the original headlining against the carpeted walls. Also because Scarlet had a factory fitted bulkhead, there was a gap between the cab headlining and rear headlining.

So to combat this, I got hold of some hardboard and made a piece to fill the gap which tucked neatly underneath the brace between the cab and the rear of the van. I then got hold of some more carpet from Mega Van Mats and covered the whole of the rear headlining to match the sides.


So here it is, the headlining is now complete! Apologies for the picture, not the best!!!

Cheers

Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment